Spokane R-VII Assessment Program
The Spokane R-VII Board of Education supports the establishment of the district’s local assessment plan as one indication of the success and quality of the total education in the school district. With time and effort, the local assessment plan will produce:
· A comprehensive testing program which monitors a variety of achievement targets for a variety of purposes;
· Data-driven decision-making in regard to curriculum, assessment, instruction, and related programs;
· Teachers and administrators who are knowledgeable about data analysis, motivating students to do well on tests, test security policies, and strategies for teaching test taking skills;
· Increased public awareness of student achievement.
In compliance with MSIP Standards, Spokane’s local assessment plan includes:
· A description of the tests included in the district-wide assessment program, the purpose(s) of each, and how the results will be used;
· Guidelines for including students with special needs into the state and district-wide assessment program;
· A description of how and in what subjects the district assesses the Show-Me Standards that are not assessed by the Missouri Assessment Program (MAP);
· Guidelines for staff development in relation to state and local assessments;
· Guidelines for teaching test-taking strategies;
· The district’s test-security policy;
· Strategies to motivate students to take required tests seriously and to recognize those who perform well on the MAP, EOC, and other examinations.
Spring 2017 Testing Windows
As we enter the second semester, spring will be here soon, and the arrival of spring means MAP testing. MAP is the Missouri Assessment Program and is a series of tests required by the Missouri Department of Education for all school districts. Every student in grades 3-8 and selected high school courses is required to take the MAP test. The following is the testing windows for each building.
April 17th – May 5th
3rd – 5th Grade Math & Communication Arts, 5th Grade Science
Spokane Middle School
May 1st - May 12th
6th – 8th Grade Math & Communication Arts, 8th Grade Science
Spokane High School
April 17th - May 5th
All students in English I, English II, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Biology, American History, and Government
Statewide ACT Test (All Juniors): Tuesday, April 19th
More information regarding the MAP tests and a more detailed testing schedule with specific dates for grades and subjects will be available mid to late March. Thank you for your continued support of the importance of these tests for our students and school.