The A+ Scholarship Program provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools.
A+ Eligibility Requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 years immediately prior to graduation
- Graduate with an overall grade point average 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring, of which up to 25% may include job shadowing prior to graduation.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol while in grades 9-12.
- Have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics
Your eligibility expires when the earliest of the following occurs:
For more information please visit the MO Department of Higher Education A+ Webpage.
- 48 months after the graduation date documented on your high school transcript.
- Students providing service to any branch of the U.S. armed forces can defer their eligibility (see “Can the scholarship be deferred?” below).
- Students graduating from high school in mid-year may be eligible for a spring award if their high school transcripts indicate the mid-year graduation date.
- Receipt of an associate’s degree
- Completion of 105% of the hours required for the program in which you are currently enrolled